Aidpage is a
support network.
Ask for help
Offer help
Sign up now
Talking about:
384 posts
210,941 visits

Help to pay my rent

AlynH7891 started this conversation

I am a single mother of 19 with one child, the business i was working for went under and now i'm unemplyed and facing eviction.  I just need some help paying this months reant so i can get ack on my feet, I'm looking for work, but its complicated because the job i was working for, also helped pay for my childs daycare. I just need a lil help please, i have never been in this situation before in my life, and i'm scared.

Click here to add your comment...
Hello,I am christelle ,I live in friend's house with my little sister ,I just start to work about 3 months ago but don't have good income ,so my friend want me to leave her house .my sister works to ,we try to look apartment for rent ,but we Don't have enough money .can you just help us
Talk to kykiest
ditto 55
I am just checking in to see if anyone is actually getting any help,I never did and I have been on here for about 2 years. Just saying.
Talk to ditto 55
ditto 55
112 whitney street
Talk to ditto 55
Hello, I live Jonesboro, Georgia and I'm in need with my rent I have contact all sources that I was give and no luck, is there other sources that will help me envelope dough I don't stay in that county.
Talk to Rent41
woman in a shoe   in reply to alucero2022
Call 211 give city state tell them what u need help with they will give u a list of places to call. But sorry there no cash on this site. Some are homeless no food with baby not able to pay there bills good luck
Talk to woman in a shoe
I recently lost my job as a live in facility caregiver and used all my savings to pay bills. I tried my best to save at least 650$ to pay my rent but I ended up being involved in a car accident. My car insurance went up and I had to pay the 500$ deductible as well which left me completely broke. I am still unable to pay my rent which just went up to 855 due to late fees. I received an eviction notice this afternoon and if I do not have it paid by the of the week I will be sent to court. I have never vbeen in a situation like this before. I really some help I've tried calling angencies in the city i live in but nobody can help me. If i were alone it wouldn't be a problem but I have a 4 year old paralyzed daughter that needs constant medical assistannce. If anyonecould help us I would greatly aappreciate it. Please help my daughter and I keep our home...
Talk to alucero2022
Poppyday13   in reply to Poppyday13
St. Vincent de Paul Society
109 West Smith Street
Greensboro, NC 27401
(336) 272-0336
Provides financial assistance up to $50.00 for utilities and rent Also provides secondhand furniture (when available)
Mondays, 1:00pm-3:30pm.
May contact directly. DSS can refer, but it's also OK to contact directly. After contacting, bring the bill you need help with and a photo I.D. Must be a Greensboro resident.
Documents To Bring:
Call on Mondays only between 1-3:30pm ONLY for information.
Low Income Energy Assistance Program - Greensboro
1203 Maple Street
Greensboro, NC 27405
(336) 641-3000

The Low Income Energy Assistance Program provides one-time utility bill assistance to help eligible low-income families pay their heating bills. Payments are made directly to the service provider (electric, gas or oil companies) APPLICATIONS FOR PERSONS 60 AND OVER OR DISABLED (receiving SSI, SSA or VA disability) WILL BE TAKEN DECEMBER 1, 2011 through JANUARY 31, 2012 OR UNTIL FUNDS ARE EXHAUSTED All members of the household MUST be 60 or over, or at least one member must be disabled and receiving services through DAAS NOTE: AFTER JANUARY 31, 2012, any other eligible households may apply FEBRUARY 1 through MARCH 1.
Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5:00 pm.
From Dec. 1, 2011 to January 31, 2012: MUST be 60 or over (all household members) or disabled. From Feb. 1 to March 30, 2012 must meet income requirements.
Documents To Bring:
Check with DSS for application dates and times. Walk-ins welcome; telephone applications available for elderly and disabled. Social Security card and ID needed when applying.
Emergency Assistance Program - Greensboro Urban Ministry
305 West Lee Street
Greensboro, NC 27406
(336) 553-2657
Financial Assistance is available for Guilford County residents. Past due rent or mortgage, must have written late notice. Past due gas, water, and electric bills, must have past due notice. Applicant's name must be on the bill Deposits for rent, water, electricity, and gas is available, limited to one time ONLY Propane and heating oil assistance is available.
For any type of financial assistance bring: Picture ID, Social Security number (last four digits), and date of birth for everyone in the household. A Taxpayer ID (ITIN) number or referral from a case manager is acceptable for undocumented immigrants. You will also need proof of income verification for the past month (such as pay stubs, Social Security benefits, unemployment, child support, etc.), household expenses such as receipts or bills for the past and current months (such as rent, utility payments, child care, car payment, medical expenses, etc.), and proof of crisis and past due/late status.

For Deposit assistance: Written verification of amount needed for deposit and proof of other required deposits. Section 8 residents must show proof that the apartment/home has passed inspection.

For Food Assistance: Picture ID, last four digits of Social Security number (or ITIN) and date of birth for everyone in the household. With proper identification, food is available up to four times in a twelve-month period for a household. Those without proper identification will be given a one-time overnight order For Food Assistance questions, call 553-2658.

Hours of operation: Monday-Friday, 8:30am-4:00pm; Food Pantry, 9:30am-4:30pm.

Guilford County resident in need. Must have proper identification for all household members and written past due or late notice, proof of deposit amount, proof of household expenses.

Documents To Bring:
Call first for pre-screening and to discuss your situation. Messages returned within 24 hours. No referral is necessary.
CentreOf Hope Crisis Assistance Program - Salvation Army of Greensboro
1311 South Eugene Street
Greensboro, NC 27406
(336) 235-0368
The Salvation Army of Greensboro's Center of Hope offers emergency financial assistance for past due utilities, rent, mortgage, property taxes For utility bill assistance, client must have 24/48 hour disconnection notice (or contact near disconnection date). Gas bill assistance is only available from December-May Utility assistance clients may call for appointment or apply in person and may be placed on the standby list For rent, mortgage and property tax assistance, appointments are required Proof of income and eligibility are required Required documentation: photo ID: Driver's License, State ID, Prison ID, Student ID, Work ID, Passport of other government issued photo ID; proof of social security number, Medicare Card, ITIN Card, or birth certificate for all household members; current past due notices, or rental statement/eviction notice; proof of all household income and expenses for previous three months All required identification/items MUST be present at application/appointment time Program does NOT assist with phone, cable, or internet bills.
Monday-Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm.
Families and individuals in immediate danger of utility service interruption or eviction/foreclosure.

Documents To Bring:
Call 336-235-0368 for an appointment or apply in person. APPOINTMENTS ARE REQUIRED for mortgage and rent assistance.

Salvation Army - High Point
301 West Green Drive
High Point, NC 27260
(336) 881-5400
A United Way Agency Offers emergency assistance-rent, utilities, food and furniture. Emergency and transitional housing for families and single women and a Boy's and Girl's Club.
Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m

Low Income Energy Assistance Program - High Point
300 South Centennial Street
High Point, NC 27261
(336) 641-7829
The Low Income Energy Assistance Program provides for a one-time cash payment to help families pay their heating bills The program only allows for one check per eligible household.
Applicants should be the person living at the address who is responsible for the heating bill. Applicants will need to have verification of all the October income and assets ( ie. check stubs; SSA, SSI, VA benefits letters; bank statements, etc. ); verification of their heating bill ( ie. electric bill, if totally electric; gas bill; Lp-gas bill, etc. ) if applicable.
M-F, 8:30am-4pm
Must apply in county in which you live; must be income eligible, asset eligible; must be responsible for the heating bill.
Documents To Bring:
Walk-ins welcome; telephone applications for elderly and disabled
LIEAP-Low Income Energy Assistance Program
325 E. Russell Avenue
High Point, NC 27260
(336) 641-3787

The Low Income Energy Assistance Program is a federally funded program that provides for a one time cash payment to help eligible families pay their heating bills. This payment is usually received in February of each year. Individuals may only submit an application during the first 2 weeks in November.

Emergency Assistance - High Point
400 North Centennial Street
High Point, NC 27262
(336) 885-0191

A United Way agency. Provides emergency rent and utilities funds for greater High Point area residents, as well as counseling and referrals Also provides a free meal program that serves lunch Mondays - Saturdays and dinner seven days per week.

Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.

Greater High Point area resident. Eligibility determined at time of interview.

Documents To Bring:
Call or visit for eligibility interview.

Crisis Control Ministry, Kernersville-East Forsyth
431 West Bodenhamer Street
Kernersville, NC 27284
(336) 996-5401
Emergency assistance: food, fuel, utilities, rent, medications through main office Has Food Pantry Eviction notice or notice to vacate is requested in order to be eligible for emergency rent assistance Must have 2 forms of ID (i.e., social security card, driver's license, ITIN number, etc).
M,W,F, 9am-12pm, Tu & Th, 9am-12pm & 1pm-4pm
Need verification of income and expenses (bring receipts), insurance, etc.
Documents To Bring:
Private interview; First come, First Serve.

Randleman Community Service
150 South Main
Randleman, NC 27317
(336) 495-1067

Provides services to community of Randleman with a thrift store, food bank, emergency fund, Duke Power Bills, fuel assistance.
Tu-F, 8:30am-1:30pm
Resident of Randleman.
Documents To Bring:
Apply in person.
Talk to Poppyday13
metzoboy   in reply to Poppyday13
To pay my rent before I get an eviction that I am expecting by the 10th
Talk to metzoboy
Poppyday13   in reply to metzoboy
Hello . What help do you need please ?
Talk to Poppyday13
metzoboy   in reply to woman in a shoe
I need help, please if you can. Greensboro NC
Talk to metzoboy
woman in a shoe   in reply to metzoboy
OK type need help city state read each one very carefully tell u see the one u need u mite have to go on more than one pg good luck
Talk to woman in a shoe
metzoboy   in reply to woman in a shoe
I have called but it did not go through I am in Greensboro NC
Talk to metzoboy
woman in a shoe   in reply to metzoboy
Call 211 give them city state and what help u need good luck
Talk to woman in a shoe
I am a single dad with a 9 years old girl, I lost my Job since May, 2013, my employment was cut after two months, I just have a part time job but will not be able to pay my rent for February. I know by the 10th I will be receiving a notice to go to court. If anybody out there can help me pay this month bills and rent ($800) so I don't have to move and my daughter will continue to go to the same school. I would welcome and appreciate any help. May God Bless you all.
Talk to metzoboy
I cant's find a low income apartment, because low income is 25,000 & Up that's not low income as HHA only make $9.50 hr my rent is too high if it wasn't for my daughter I would be homeless. I need help.
Talk to godloveme
Trying to find help with rent. I see not too many places help men. Bern without work for nearly a year. I keep loosing out for some reason. I have over 10yrs. in security but that seems not to matter.
Talk to deeperheights
deeperheights   in reply to bigmikey0304
I am looking for the same. It's rough out here.
Talk to deeperheights
i am in the same position as you. If you need anyone to talk to, you can email me.
Talk to aniecacobb
I need help with back owed rent in TX. I have four children and my husband left to Mexico because he got sick and has no health insurance to pay Dr. Bills in the states. Please hear my plea my email is I have already called several agencies who have no funds and I have borrowed money from patents and in-laws. I would work but since two of my children are hyperactive no daycare will take the risk.
Talk to outoluck-79
Im looking for a female roommate that will share rent 2bd 2 ba mobile home rent 450 includes everything and own private bath room
Talk to jmann